Personal branding is more important to people and companies than it's ever been.
There’s a lot of noise in the marketplace, and people are often the differentiating factor in business decisions, influence, leadership and success.
There’s the very real issue of reputation risk, too. In fact, in today’s instant information age, reputation can be your company’s strongest asset or your greatest liability–and the personal brands of your employees can strengthen or weaken your company’s brand.
Personal branding taps into the heart of your employees, draws out their absolute best, and guides how they communicate and live that out in their teams, with other employees, and with their customers. It also helps people connect who they are to what they do and helps your company better meet the changing demands of today’s workforce.
My personal branding workshops and presentations take audiences through my four-phase personal branding process and are designed to help your employees:
- gain a strong understanding of what personal branding is, why it’s important, and how it impacts company brands
- discover and maximize the unique value and strengths they (and other team members) bring to the table
- assess if their reputation matches their self-perception (how do people process feedback, growth mindset vs. fixed mindset)
- evaluate and strengthen communications (online and in-person) to add more value
- develop a personal brand statement that helps each team member communicate and live their brand in a way that makes the greatest positive impact
- understand how to strengthen, manage and clearly communicate their personal brand
- lead with strengths (vs. focusing on weaknesses)
- find more meaning in what they do
- become more “sponsor-ready” by standing out with a distinct brand, which is key to advancing more women into leadership positions
*customized for time and content based on your needs.
When you help your employees strengthen their personal brand, it can positively impact your bottom line:
A strong personal brand helps employees:
- Marketability: The average time in a job is three years.
- Confidence, clarity, job satisfaction: People with a strong personal brand know who they are, how they can add the most value, and where they want to go. – Her Team Success coaching outcomes, client testimonials
- Having a distinct personal brand helps you stand out and be more “sponsor-ready” which is key in helping more women advance into leadership positions. – Sylvia Ann Hewlett.
- People with strong personal brands see 10-25% more earnings every year. –Anne Bastianelli TED Talk, Professor, IU Kelley School of Business
- Personal branding is becoming less of a competitive edge and more of a requirement for anyone looking to grow their business; get that dream job; or take their career to the next level. – Entrepreneur.com, 2016.
A strong personal brand helps companies:
- Employee brands can strengthen or weaken a company’s brand.
- 92% of customers trust an influencer (person) more than an advertisement. – Forbes, 2016
- In today’s world, your reputation can be your strongest asset or your biggest liability. Reputation damage is the No. 1 risk concern for business executives around the world, and 88% say they are explicitly focusing on reputation risk as a key business challenge. Of those who experienced a reputation risk event, 41% say loss of revenue was the biggest impact. -Entrepreneur.com, 2017
- From a recruiting and retention perspective, employees at companies that invest in personal branding initiatives are 27% more likely to feel optimistic about their company’s future and 20% more likely to stay at their company. – Erskine, Entrepreneur.com, 2016
What companies are saying...
I highly recommend."
Learn more about personal branding here:
Let's work together!
My consulting services and group or team workshops look different for each company I work with, and it always starts with a simple conversation to understand your goals and needs. Simply reach out here and I’ll get back to you within 24 hours. I look forward to talking!